Adjunct Instructor – Clinical Nursing
Title: Adjunct Instructor – Clinical Nursing
Required Documents Needed to Upload at Time of Application:
· Unofficial Transcripts
Position Summary: Provide guidance, instruction, and leadership to registered nursing enrolled in the clinical component of the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing program. Assists with evaluation, scheduling, and advising of students. Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with college faculty, staff, students, the general public, program advisory committees, and other health care professionals. Endorsed with appropriate credentials of RN licensure in Tennessee, CPR certification for health care professionals and advanced preparation and experience in one of following areas: Pediatrics, Obstetrics, Psychiatric/Mental Health or Adult Acute Care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Instruction and supervision of registered nursing students in the clinical agency in one of the following nursing areas: Medical-Surgical, Obstetrics and Women’s Health, Pediatrics, Mental Health/Psychiatric, Geriatrics.
2. Instruct and supervise R.N. nursing students in the clinical agency.
3. Function under the direction of the course faculty or Dean of Nursing for the course.
4. Participate in departmental activities associated with the instructional program.
5. Participate in departmental activities associated with the instructional program.
6. Participate in departmental activities associated with the instructional program needs.
7. Communicate clearly with students and colleagues.
8. Work effectively with traditional and non-traditional students including but not limited to the culturally and ethnically diverse.
9. Participate in professional organizations related to nursing and teaching.
10. Adapt to changes in the nursing program.
11. Schedule two office hours.
A. RN with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college/university required
B. Three years’ clinical experience required
Availability/Closing Date: This posting is not a guarantee of an open position. Applications for adjunct faculty positions are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the department when openings become available. Future teaching assignments are on a term-by-term basis, which may include fall, spring and summer. Postings close yearly on January 31; to maintain your application within the system, you will need to re-apply each year.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan, upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if needed.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer.
If you have any problems or questions please contact Pellissippi State Community College’s Human Resource Office at 865-694-6607 or by email at email@example.com.
If you are interested in this position, click on the link to the top left to apply.
#mrpEEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer.